The Eighteenth International Conference on
Raleigh, North Carolina. September 12-16, 2009.
HotelPACT09 will be held at the Clarion Hotel in downtown Raleigh:
320 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC, 27603-1786
Tel: (919) 832-0501
The conference rate is $79 per night for a single or double, plus $10 per extra person.
You may book rooms at this rate until August 21, 2009 at 5pm EST. Be sure to mention "PACT 2009" when you call.
Note on hotel WiFi: The Clarion provides free wireless access in public spaces but only wired access in the rooms. For wired access, you will need to bring an Ethernet patch cable in order to connect!
Directions from the Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU)
SuperShuttle shared ride service is available from RDU airport. Cost is $16 one-way. To book a ride, call 1-800-258-3826 or visit their website.
The fare is approximately $25 one-way. RDU Airport Taxi provides service to and from RDU. To schedule a taxi, please call (919) 840-7277. Reservations and on-demand service are available.
Take I-40E toward Raleigh. Take exit 298 (S Saunders St.) toward downtown. Merge onto S Saunders, 401 N. Continue on 401 N. Turn right onto Lenoir St. Parking Garage will be on left entrance side of the hotel off Lenoir St. For valet parking coninue past the parking garage entrance and turn left onto Fayetteville St. (The fee for on-site parking is $18.00 daily.)
Attractions and EntertainmentBelow, we have compiled a list of things to do in Raleigh and around the Triangle. You can also download a map of the area showing the area around the hotel, museum, and restaurants.
- 2nd Empire, 330 Hillsborough St. (upscale, Banquet location)
- 518 Italian, 518 W Jones St. (cafe/restaurant)
- Sullivan"s Steakhouse, 414 Glenwood Ave. # 103
- Prime Only Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, 505 West Jones St
- 42nd St. Oyster Bar, 408 W Jones St.
- Vic"s Ristorante Italiano, 331 Blake St, (family)
- Mo"s Diner, 306 E Hargett St. (medium upscale)
- Frazier"s, 2418 Hillsborough St (steaks by campus)
- Irregardless, 901 W Morgan St (cafe/restaurant by campus)
- The Pit, 328 W. Davie St. (Southern BBQ)
- Zely&Ritz, 301 Glenwood (organic bistro & wine)
- Jibarra, 327 W. Davie St. (upscale w/ Mexican touch)
- Five Star Restaurant, 511 W Hargett St (funky Chinese)
- Humble Pie, 317 S Harrington St (Reception location)
Cheap & Great
- Mellow Mushroom, 601 W Peace St (Pizza)
- Flying Saucer, 328 W Morgan St (100+ beers, across the street)
- Borough, 317 W Morgan St # 117 (close by)
- Tir Na Nog Irish Pub, 218 S Blount St
- Zydeco Downtown, 208 Wolfe St (Louisiana food)
- Berkeley Cafe, 217 W. Martin St.
- Deep South Bar, 430 S. Dawson St.
- Mosquito Bar, 311 S. Harrington St.
- White Collar Crime, 319 Davie St.
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- Haywood Hall Museum Home and Garden
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- NC Museum of History
- Marbles Kids Museum
Arts and Entertainment
- RBC Center
- Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts
- North Carolina Symphony
- The Opera Company of North Carolina
- North Carolina Theatre
- Carolina Ballet